Until yesterday, I had no idea that I was being a selfish hostess on my blogs to the point of even cheating YOU out outbound links – even when you would place your website URL in the optional field of the comment form. It wasn’t being recognized.
Most everyone who has a blog or a website will know that improving the Google Page Rank of your site is key when it comes to 1. being found 2. increasing your audience and 3. increasing your strength in the area of monetizing (more money!).
That’s all been fixed now!
Now you can get a nice outbound link simply by leaving a comment on my blog with your website or blog URL added to the optional Ã¢â‚¬ËœwebsiteÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ field in the comment form found attached to any post here on MomGadget.
Now that I’ve stopped being a stingy blogger – every comment or trackback you leave here on MomGadget will result in an outgoing link from my site to yours. The search engines LOVE this! And YOU will too!
Can you believe the majority of blogs don allow this? Most blogging software has Ã¢â‚¬Å“rel=nofollowÃ¢â‚¬Â automatically added to comment URLs. Initially, it was a good idea and was created to combat spam, but with programs like Akismet, there’s really no reason to cheat yourself and your readers out of this rewarding link collaboration. And it’s much better then doing a blogroll!
I took the advice of David and Dawud and have installed the WordPress plugin that removes the Ã¢â‚¬Å“nofollowÃ¢â‚¬Â code, because I want to be a generous blogger and to encourage more discussion here on MomGadget.
Don’t be shy! Comment and link! It’s a good thing
I’m also going to follow suit and link to a few others who have taken this same position — so commenting on any of the following blogs will also provide outbound links pointing right to you!
Generous Link Loving Bloggers:
- Gaya McCord of MomGadget and all my other blogs (that’s me)
- Wendy Piersall of eMoms at Home
- David Airey of Creative Design
- Ben Yoskovitz of Instigator Blog
- Dawud Miracle at dmiracle.com
- Chris Cree of SuccessCREEations
- Randa Clay of Randa Clay Design
- Char of Essential Keystroke
- Chris Garrett of chrisg.com
- Andy Beard of AndyBeard.eu
- David Paul Robinson of davidpaulrobinson.com
- Lars-Christian of Lars-Christian.com
- Char also of Casual Keystrokes
- Michelle of Scribbit
- Ponn Sabra of Empower Women Now
- Jason of Webomatica
- Robert Hruzek of Middle Zone Musings
- Mario of mariosalexandrou.com
- Lisa Mills of Work at Home Revolution
- Aaron Potts of Today is That Day
- Heather of Home Ec 101
- Laura Spencer of Writing Thoughts
- Steve James of Babblz and Fresh Yields
- KWiz of Wisdom Walking
- Phil Nash of Unintentionally Blank
- Doris of Home Office Women, Live Life Organics and Your Health, DorisGoesShopping, and Doris Chua
- Lillie Ammann of A Writer Words, An Editor Eye
- Cass of Cass Knits
- Mark Robinson of Mark Robinson.ca
- Your Name Here