Snow Day Lessons

by cathy

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Snow Day Lessons”.

No related posts.

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

NEW NewsPaper February 8, 2011 at 2:51 am

I have been looking for something kinda similar to this for the last week or so, and i must admit, I have struggled. Anyway, good to find somethign relevant Finally!! Thanks

computer for sale February 8, 2011 at 7:49 am

Wonderful snow day! yeah,i agree with you…sometime we need to let our children learn something with doing something fun to them,it will make them to be more creative and enjoy it…

Harry Hilders February 8, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I’m a man, and not a father, but I really find it intriguing reading about mom’s stuff. The way you write is cool. Keep it up :)

Cassie February 8, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Your blog post is really an interesting read. Even though I’m not a mother nor a wife yet, I somehow continued to read until the last sentence.

I have to agree with you that during the pioneer days people had a lot of things to do and needed to attend this and that. There’s just so much to do!

You know, it’s nice that you let your kids experience Pioneer day because not only did it let them become responsible and productive kids (lots of kids have a hard time understanding pioneer work) but it also made them realize when to just step back from the modern world and relax.

Gadgetgold February 13, 2011 at 11:51 am

Nice post.
I just got married, soon I will be a father.
Your post help me to find something to learn about children.
I agree the child need to let play in some interesting places.
Great job

rolex klockor February 15, 2011 at 5:59 am

Everyone likes to snow days mostly kids. These days are very enjoyable for our kids. When the kids came in from the snow they went straight to the bath, and got into their night clothes. After setting the table, we sat down for our evening meal. So its very enjoyable season.

Frugal Mom February 15, 2011 at 4:33 pm

How fun! We had recent ice storms here in Dallas, TX and we did similar stuff. We didn’t call it “Pioneer day”, but we certainly did things without power since there were rolling black outs going on. We knitted, sewed by hand, and worked on some needlework. It was a lot of fun. Then that night we read by candle light. I see moments like these as an excellent opportunity for some adventures with the children.

Bail Bonds Fairfax VA February 15, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Thats an interesting idea. It’s hard to keep kids occupied when stuck in the house.

Connie February 18, 2011 at 2:33 am

What a fantastic idea! I’m going to steal it for my own 10 year old the next time she complains she is “bored”. Sounds like a great learning lesson and a lot of fun!

klockor kopior February 18, 2011 at 12:26 pm

We had our first Chicago snow storm this weekend which meant digging out my car, an unpleasant drive to work and basically feeling soggy all morning. But I am determined to maintain a romanticized winter wonderland mentality this year. To stay optimistic, I’m focusing on the upside of snow.

Frikik Foto February 18, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Yes, good share man, I love this site for your job :)

warstorm guide February 20, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Great idea! I really like it because we lose power when it snows so everyone in my house starts going crazy without electronics, it’d be nice to spend time doing something other than spending the last hour of battery life figuring out where we can go to recharge our devices!

Jamie March 4, 2011 at 9:43 am

Nice post! Pioneering sounds fun, I should totally try to do that with my family. Since it’s winter there, you should totally get Gutter Helmet gutter guards, that way, you can save up on some money and you never have to clean your gutters again. I know frozen gutters can be a pain. It’ll be safer for you too, no more climbing up ladders in the snow.

Air Zimbabwe Flights March 5, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Snow is fun for everyone except the British. Flights get canceled, roads get blocked and all. You know the rest….

Air Zimbabwe June 21, 2011 at 2:10 pm

This is very good activity. Children like to play with snow. We should provide such activities and occasions to our kids. good article.

arik airlines June 23, 2011 at 10:00 am

WOW!!!!! …. Snow season. I really like this and waits for this season anxiously. You really remember the golden days and i appriciate you. Good work.

writerscash.com April 24, 2012 at 8:27 pm

never thought about it.

Au Pair April 25, 2012 at 12:05 pm

This is so sweet. I’m going to try it with the kids I care for. Thanks for sharing.

Isabell January 11, 2013 at 3:02 pm

i am glad that there have never been closed schools because of snow. I wouldn’t what i would do with my kids if there is a case like this, cuz i am working again and i could not leave them alone at home.