I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying, my husband is a gamer, a PC gamer that is. With that being said imagine his delight and surprise when Steel Series sent me the Steel Series Experience I-2 Mousepad to review. It didn’t take much persuasion on his part to let him have it since I know he’s wanted one for a while now.
He was ready to give me his opinion within the first 5 minutes of using it but I made him wait and really give it a good test drive and I can say nothing has changed in his mind. This is one of the best mousepads around.
- Great – top notch
- Large – 10″ x 12″
- Tracks well – mouse movement is smooth and not choppy
- Skates well – easy to glide across the mousepad
- Skating is a little louder than cloth, rubber or plastic pads but not bothersome
- Gets dirty easily, being a hard surface oils from your skin can collect on it BUT it’s easy to clean
- The Steel Series Experience I-2 is made of glass which means it can be broken but it’s not fragile and with proper care it will last a long time.
Cloth pads get dirty and can’t be cleaned. Rubber and or plastic pads will wear out over time and you loose some of your responsiveness.
It’s a gaming mousepad and with proper care and transport can be portable but I must stress it is made of glass so it’s not made for the careless traveler.
The Steel Series Experience I-2 comes in an assortment of colors, black, white, blue and pink and sells for $39.99 at Steel Series.com
A product was received for review. I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting. The opinions expressed are my own and were NOT influenced in any way.